I currently work at Apple, where I have been since 2014.
Previously, I worked on independent research which focused on ways to more quickly express ideas. The primary project studied user interface design, and ways to “sketch” animations and user interactions.
I entered the world of software through iOS development, though have since broadened my focus. I’ve worked on apps as such as Simplenote, one of the first cloud-based note taking apps, and my own writing app Poster. Poster was purchased by Automattic in 2013.
I received a degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Michigan. There, I participated in hydro-kinetic energy research.
My hobbies include reading, writing, and running.
I am an avid reader, and there are several books that have been influential in my work and thinking. This is just a small handful.
- Creativity, Inc., by Ed Catmull
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, by Daniel Kahneman
- The Stuff of Thought, by Steven Pinker
- The Blank Slate, by Steven Pinker
- Waking Up, by Sam Harris
- Frames of Mind, by Howard Gardner
- Flow, by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
- Reinventing Organizations, by Frederic Laloux
- The Signal and the Noise, by Nate Silver